- Commonly known as ED, Erectile Dysfunction can be created in the human body due to the inability in keeping and maintaining a firm erection during the sexual.
- Similar to impotence, this is one of the common problems today due to hectic and stressful lifestyles.
- But previously this health problem was an age-related problem. Now ED is not only an uncommon problem but also an age-related problem.
- More or less almost all aged people are victims of this problem now which needs proper treatment. This problem is actually a sign of relationship or emotional difficulties.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
- Erectile dysfunction can occur due to various several physical or psychological causes that prevent both of the partners from being satisfied when you are in bed.
- The main problem in ED is the inability in maintaining or keeping the erection during sex. Proper treatment helps cure this problem.
- Sometimes, they cannot find a proper erection at the time of intercourse.
What causes erectile dysfunction (ED)?
Here are some physical causes mentioned below that may create erectile dysfunction:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Low testosterone levels or other hormone imbalances
- Kidney disease
Anti-depression drug and erectile dysfunction
Many men who are taking the anti-depression drugs, experience several forms of sexual disorders like erectile dysfunction.
The researchers are still involved in researching the sexual disorder caused by antidepressants. They try to find out why it happens and how to prevent it. There are various antidepressants that cause sexual disorders, but you need not worry that there are lots of promising ways to prevent these kinds of sexual side effects.
Apart from sexual problems, taking antidepressant drugs can create a wide range of other side effects. Everything from intestinal problems to anxiety can come from antidepressants.
There are lots of Antidepressant drugs available in the market that are most likely to cause sexual disorders or side effects include:
- Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)include venlafaxine (Effexor XR), duloxetine (Cymbalta), and desvenlafaxine (Pristiq).
- Tricyclic and tetracyclic antidepressants, like amitriptyline, clomipramine (Anafranil), nortriptyline (Pamelor)
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), like isocarboxazid (Marplan), tranylcypromine (Parnate), phenelzine (Nardil), and selegiline (Emsam), are MAOI that remove the patch your skin as a patch, has a low risk of sexual side effects.
The symptoms of erectile dysfunction may cause by taking the different antidepressant drugs, it is shown in a recent study of Trusted Source
Common symptoms of sexual disorder caused by anti-depression:
- Lower the sexual desire
- loss of sensation
- loss of sexual excitement
- persistent genital arousal
- delayed orgasm
- But you should remember that the symptoms may change from the body structure of person to person.
- In men, a variety of symptoms may occur, like difficulties in maintaining or keeping an erection during sex, and painful erection.
- Not only that, but many men may also experience delayed or painful ejaculation during sex if they take the anti-depressant.
- Specific pr particular symptoms of the sexual disorder like erectile dysfunction caused by anti-depressant medicine in ladies include lactation which happens due to pregnancy or you are involved with breastfeeding, numbness or dryness in the vagina and nipples.
- Apart from these, sexual dysfunction may affect the quality of life of a person. It also affects your relationships, decreases confidence and self-esteem.
- So some people stop taking the anti-depression medication in order to get relief from the symptoms of side effects.
- However, abrupt cessation of medication can often lead to withdrawal symptoms. So most doctors do not give permission to stop these medicines.
- Those who are experiencing sexual side effects from this medicine should use some unique techniques to stop the sexual disorder.
Why do they happen?
- The exact cause of the sexual side effects caused by anti-depression is not fully understood. Depression, anxiety has the capacity to create sexual problems, it becomes difficult to understand if the symptoms are due to depression, anxiety, or caused by anti-depression medication.
- Sexual side effects are caused if the drugs need to be worked differently in the body.
- For example, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are such types of drugs that can enhance the level of serotonin circulating in our brain.
- Serotonin users feel less depressed and anxious, but keep in mind that taking too much serotonin can disrupt a person’s sex drive, making it harder for them to experience sexual pleasure.
- Another important fact is that dopamine levels automatically decrease as the amount of serotonin in the body increases.
- Dopamine is a chemical that helps people get aroused during sex. So it is very natural that a person has less dopamine in the body and does not feel any sexual arousal.
You Can Try Also Some Generic Medication To Cure Erectile Dysfunction.