- Now we all are aware of COVID-19. Millions of people worldwide are infected by Corona Virus; however, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), most people have very mild symptoms and can be treated at home.
- Although all patients need proper care for their disease and everyone needs proper medical attendance.
- But not everyone is able to take proper care of themselves at home.” there are a huge amount of people who are infected by coronavirus every day, but very few people are very seriously affected and have to be hospitalized.
- Most people who are infected with the coronavirus develop mild or asymptomatic symptoms that can be easily treated at home.
The symptoms of COVID-19:
- Mild fever( temperature above 99 degrees C or skin that feels warm in touch)
- Continuous cough
- Sore throat
- Mild difficulty in breath
- Pain in the whole body
- There is a number of home treatments that may help you to manage the symptom and will help to reduce the incidence of COVID-19. But remember these treatments cannot cure the disease completely, b-ut they can make the patient more comfortable.
- According to the health care professional’s advice, here are mentioned below how to treat the COVID-19 at home.
How to Look after yourself at home if you have COVID-19
There is no official cure for COVID -19 yet, so the disease is treated like cold and flu, in its mild condition.
As per research, around 80% of people have a mild or asymptomatic infection that can be easily treated at your home, don’t need to go anywhere.
- In most viral infections including cold and flu, you can take painkillers like paracetamol and any type of NSAIDs or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Ibuprofen can be best for this problem which is commonly recommended. Paracetamol or ibuprofen can be taken if the patient wants to self-medicate for reducing the symptoms of COVID-19 at home.
- They can take mild antibiotics, but it should be remembered that don’t get any anti-biotic without a doctor’s prescription.
- It is recommended to take an adequate amount of fluid or water during the COVID 19 period.
- We all know that another name for water is life. A proper level of water in our body helps us to fight against any type of illness.
- It has been found that after taking the powerful medicine shots of Covid-19, dehydration occurs in the body, which can lead to other diseases, so it is necessary to drink plenty of water during this time.
- And it is also true that staying hydrated is also the best way to enhance the capacity of our immune system to fight Covid-19.
- Water is such a type of element that can flush out all types of toxins from our bodies. Not only has the coronavirus, consuming enough water helped to fight against any type of disease.
Take Immunity-Boosting Foods & Vitamins
- You need to take lots of vegetables and fruit during COVID-19. We all know that vegetable and fruit is one of the best immunity boosters.
- So you need to take immunity-boosting vegetables like spinach, tomato, broccoli, carrot, asparagus, and also dark green leafy vegetables.
- There are some fruits that also have immunity-boosting properties such as mango, strawberries, and also citrus fruits.
- These all fruits and vegetables contain the most important vitamins like vitamin A, C, D, and E and also minerals.
- So you keep these all vegetables and fruits in your regular diet, it is assured it will help to boost your immune system approx 90%.
Take plenty of rest and Sleep deep
You should get plenty of rest and it is important to keep isolate yourself at home if you are affected with COVID-19 and taking an adequate amount of rest. Try to avoid moving, sometimes, it has been seen that due to moving the oxygen level can fluctuate. So it is very important to get at least 7-9 hours of sleep in a day during the Covid-19 period.
Avoid Smoking and Alcohol
There is evidence that people with COVID-19 are at risk of liver damage after infection, which can be exacerbated by alcohol consumption.
These substances will weaken our respiratory system and decrease the capacity of our immunity system which increases the possibility of being affected by the virus. If the system is already damaged by tobacco, then your chances of surviving Covid-19 are low. So during this time period, you need to give up alcohol consumption and smoking.
There are lots of natural and herbal remedies available on the internet as well as in health stores. We have to be aware of it. But we are not properly aware of the remedy to cure the coronavirus. So don’t be fooled about any type of ‘miracle’ treatments. You need to go with thorough treatment as per the doctor’s prescription.